Our Parkville Dojo is located at 6325 Lewis St., Suite 118 Parkville, MO 64152. We are proud to call Parkville home, and we invite you to visit our Parkville Self-Defense Studio! Call us at 816.569.5735.
All our Kansas City Self Defense Studio instructors have completed a rigorous training program through the Aplomb Martial Arts Academy. In addition to regularly participating in ongoing training, they must also complete an annual re-certification process to continue teaching. Teaching martial arts is not just a hobby for our instructors – it is their passion and full-time profession. At the same time, they are also students, continuously striving to improve their skills and expand their knowledge. The instructors here at the Parkville Self-Defense Studio invite you to come and experience martial arts in Parkville!
STARS AND STRIPES PROGRAM
APLOMB Kansas City offers all of our students ages 14 and under the opportunity to participate in our Stars and Stripes Program!
How it works:
- Once a month (typically the last week of the month) during regular class times, we will be going over the material that each student needs for their next rank.
- When the student knows all the basics (kicks, punches, blocks, etc.) for their rank, they will receive their first stripe to place on their belt and a star to place on their gi!
- When the student knows all the defensive maneuvers (DMs) for their rank, they will receive a second stripe to place on their belt and a second star to place on their gi!
- When the student knows all the forms for their rank, they will receive a third stripe and a third star to place on their gi!
- When the student knows all of the kempos for their rank and has all three stripes on their belt, the next step is to practice! practice! practice! before the sensei invites them to test for their next belt!